Friday, May 1, 2009


On a walk today the following insights came to me:


The lyrics to the Who's "Pinball Wizard" fit perfectly to the melody of TexRitter's "Wabash Cannonball"and visa versa. Try it out.


The conundrum of "Cutting In On" explained by Steve to me the other day is a meddlesome nasty of life. This is the thing where you have so many things that you want to do that the immediate things are"cutting in on" the time you have available to give to other things you want to do. Like, "all the fishing I'm doing is cutting in on my whittling time". (I guess that's a sort ofredneck example)


If you have a lot of work to do and its starting to get to you, adjust your priority scale. For instance, the re-adjusted highest priority would now be, "The Sun is Exploding". That's a pretty extreme priority. Lowest priority is equal to "Staring into space". That's a pretty low priority. Also,you can't do anything about the sune xploding, so why bother?


There are lots of things in this life that don't have ponchos available for them, like laptops, biscuits, birds. Just an insight - not a particular good one, but an insight. I wonder how much a pack of biscuit ponchos would cost, if they were available?


Also, here's to the cop who gave me a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign today. Thanks a lot you fascist asshole!

No comments:

Post a Comment