Monday, July 27, 2009

Spontaneous Poem

Everything goes dark and explodes in a vacuum of tragedy, humdrum and filth

Wham! There it go!
Mostly the spinning cylinders of transition spin before me like pinwheels of crumbling ambiance

Idiot packaging / smoothly irradiated / coils of satin steel and rock / my own perfect brainemptiness / happening silent smudges of laughter erupts simultaneous with spurting volcanic islands

"Senator, can you pass me that basket of large-denomination bills?" "Here, help yourselves, don't be shy! There's plenty more where that came from!"

the cascading bubbles of a forgotten multiverse ching together like cheap finger cymbals and I dream idly of Bonomo's Turkish Taffy, neither turkish, nor taffy but resolutely Bonomo's

The unruly centaur charges through the living rooms of the vapid, a TV strapped to his broad back as he watches "New Jersey Housewives" over his shoulder while running full tilt into the strobing gloom of reality, following the march of stupidity into the dense fog indoor atmosphere of the freely-associating moron union building

The End

1 comment:

  1. That not Turkish not Taffy reminds me of a sign I saw for a concert by Blind Boy White. Someone had written below: "not blind, but flesh coloured and childlike." Most humour goes right over my head, but a line like that sticks with me for 25 years. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete