Sunday, October 8, 2017

Today, I found out that I can push the blue microphone button on my Xfinity controller, say "Blue Oyster Cult" and select Blue Oyster Cult videos on 'shuffle'.  These videos, a mixture of live footage and MTV and pre-MTV style videos then play for an hour or so.  Is this not a wonderful thing?  Particularly wonderful are: "Joan Crawford (has risen from the grave)", "Godzilla", "Born to be Wild" and "Astronomy". 

Blue Oyster Cult was (is?) a band of suburban Long Island Jewish fellows, a former Bar Mitzvah band, who play ominous sounding, metallic rock undercut by humor, mainly wry but sometimes harsh. Their lead guitarist (really good) called himself "Buck Dharma" but looks like your cousin Jerry who was in the science club.  What a great band!

I am mentally preparing for my MFA studies, hatching strategy in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment